Monday 10 October 2011

New shade in the OPI Designer Series family - DS Bold

Hello lovelies :) I was quite excited to swatch OPI DS Bold but I had to wait sooo long till my nail will grow back. But now, here it is:

OPI DS Bold - silver glitter in a pink jelly base. This polish is very different from other Designer Series shades. Other ones are hologhraphic with tiny particles but Bold os a glitter nail polish. I was a bit surprised about that...why? Designes Series polishes are amazing, holographic and some of them even unique! Well I will then judge Bold as a glitter nail polish. it has been introduced just very recently together with the second new shade - Temptation.

Bold applies very easily, it has loads of glitter so you don't have to worry about applying five coats...well you'll need to apply three...or two very generous ones. I have three coats in the pictures and one layer of topcoat. It dried reasonably fast and was really chip resistant. It's glitter so removal will be a bit difficult. But just soak the cotton bud with nail polish remover, hold it on the nail for 5-10 minutes and it will be easy to remove.




I already own somehow similar nail polish - Zoya Astra. I've compared both. They differ in colour and also I've used only two coats of Zoya. Zoya is applied without topcoat, OPI has one layer of topcoat (yeah, sorry about that, I was truly lazy).



*Product in this post was provided for a review

6 comments:

  1. so pretty, it reminds me of one the new opi muppet glitters lolll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tak to jsem zklamaná, myslela sjem, že to bude klasický DS. Na druhou stranu jsem ušetřila:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. nail loopy: thank you :) I hope I'll be able to buy some more Muppets, they look gorgeous!

    Crystal: thank you x

    Dejni, mne to taky dost zklamalo, vzdycky se mi libily holograficky DS, asi jim dosly napady nebo klasicky DS vyjdou draho :-/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and approve all comments and I will try to respond as well.
Please be considerate and do not leave links in your comment. If you want me to check your blog please drop me an email :)

Share this