Tuesday 15 May 2012

OPI Vintage Minnie Mouse collection - Review and swatches

Hi everybody!

Today I'll show you OPI Vintage Minnie Mouse collection which consists of four new shades! Unfortunately I broke two of my nails so they are much shorter than usually :-/
OPI says: "Created in honor of Disney’s beloved character, the colors encapsulate Minnie Mouse’s irresistible charm in playful, pretty shades of pink and red. This collection brings together the expertise of OPI and the iconic style of Minnie Mouse to inspire the distinct palette of vibrant, feminine shades for summer Nails will pop against summer skin in these classic, saturated hues – holding their own alongside the bold prints of the season."




If You Moust You Moust - medium pink creme. It's a pretty and sweet shade of pink that applied very easily. The pigmentation was great, it was almost one-coater. The nail line was still visible a little bit so I've applied second coat. Polish also dried fast and removal was very easy.






I’m All Ears - raspberry jelly packed with magenta, silver and fuchsia glass flecks. This is such a lovely polish! The jelly formula is very pretty but could be pigmented a tad more. I'm wearing two coats which were like 98% opaque. I only saw a hint of my nail line. The drying time of this polish was average - not as fast as the If You Moust You Moust.






The Color of Minnie - cool-toned rich red with fine shimmer. I love this red! Such rich colour with awesome pigmentation! It applied like butter - really easily and smoothly. The nail line was not visible very much in the first coat but had to apply second coat for perfect coverage. As the pigmentation was really high, I've experienced staining of my skin when I was doing clean up and when removing the polish. The shade and formula remind me of Wocka Wocka! a lot, I might do a comparison of OPI reds :)






Nothin’ Mousie ‘bout It - pink heart glitter in a clear base with blue and orange glass flecks. I'm not a big fan of confetti glitter, because application is always a struggle an unfortunately it was the same with this polish. I basically applied the first layer covering the nail with glass flecks and sometimes one heart glitter. Then I had to 'fish out' additional heart glitters and place them on the nail. It will be lovely for Valentine's Day manicure :)

Nothin’ Mousie ‘bout It over I’m All Ears


Nothin’ Mousie ‘bout It over If You Moust You Moust


Nothin’ Mousie ‘bout It over The Color of Minnie



*These were sent to me for a review

23 comments:

  1. These are really gorgeous!! Your nails look awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O Nothing Mousie 'Bout It is amazing! I can imagine it was difficult to apply though... I love the names of all the polishes and the collection itself!

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get my hands on these!
    Do you know where they will be available?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I love the love heart glitter and you said you had a problem with it. Does it fleck off easily?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these! If you have a chance, a comparison with OPI reds would be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the four colours!!! this is a problem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. I hope they do a mini pack with all four in, I won't be able to justify buying otherwise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tak ten světlejší růžovej asi budu potřebovat...ale jinak nic extra, ani ten spiderman...přesně jak jsi psala, čekala bych tam nějakou pěknou rudou a taky mi tam chybí modrá krémovka v odstínu spidermana...ty filmový kolekce podle mě OPI nějak nejdou..Daleko vydařenější bývají jarní/podzimní většinou se zeměpisnou tématikou a pak Vánoce....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep wanting to ask this question, do the confetti hearts lie flat on your nail or do they stick up?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should definitely do a comparison on OPI reds. That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice shades but i think nothin mousi looks like is not flat/smooth like it has kind of coarse glitter chunks on it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nehty máš pořád krásné! A ty laky jsou pohádkové, nic objevného pravda, ale mě těmahle barvama dostanou prostě pokaždé:-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. El rosa pastel y el rojo son preciosos!!! Me encantan!

    Un beso, Maquillando sueños

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty collection. Loving I'm All Ears.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wouaaa "If You Moust You Moust", realy gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep I want this whole collection! Oh and I want your nails they are absolutely perfect, you should be a hand model hun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely want all off these colors, especially I’m All Ears and Nothin’ Mousie ‘bout It. Gorgeous swatches ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need Nothin’ Mousie ‘bout It!! Love it xxx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and approve all comments and I will try to respond as well.
Please be considerate and do not leave links in your comment. If you want me to check your blog please drop me an email :)

Share this