Thursday 30 May 2013

Beauty and the Beach 2 contest - My Make-up, hair and nail looks!

Hello lovelies,

this post is my entry to the Beauty and the Beach 2 contest by Travel Supermarket. This contest is running for second year so I've decided to enter. I usually don't show my face, I'm a bit insecure about it (and very pale atm, British weather sucks :D) but I thought I'll give it a shot.

The task was to create perfect holiday hair, nails and make-up. I took it a bit further and done the makeup and nails both inspired by a bathing suit I used to own years ago. It was yellow with black 'indian summer' pattern.

First up is HAIR: I chose to do a simple twisted braid which will work on medium or long hair.

Step 1: Comb your hair to the side and secure it with an elastic band below your ear
Step 2: Divide your hair into two strands
Step 3: Start twisting first strand of hair, then pin it to your top so it doesn't undo itself
Step 4: Twist the second strand of hair
Step 5: Take both twisted strands and twist them together, then secure with an elastic band

The braid will un-twist a little bit gaining a volume. Why I chose this hairdo? Because it's very easy to do, makes my long hair manageable and if you get it wet and then dry again it will leave your hair nicely curled...




....yes, just like that!





Next up is a MAKE-UP which I matched to my nails. I wanted something very light but also fun. I've matched gold eyeliner with the sunny yellow nails but the rest of the face is not heavy on the makeup at all.




Foundation: I have used Erno Laszlo Tinted foundation with SPF 15 for my whole face. It's my go-to product in the summer as it's very light and contains pearlescent particles that brighten the skin. 

Blush: T. LeClerc multi-usage powder in Aurore - it is a mixture of bronzing powder and pink blush with shimmery particles in it. It was a limited summer edition few years back so I don't think it will be available any more.

Eyeliners: I have used Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Solstice (gold) and Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Black. If you'll plan on swimming choose waterproof eyeliner .

Mascara: Rimmel 100% Waterproof Mascara in Black.

Lips: Labello SUN with SPF protection 




And my favourite part, NAILS! You can see a big improvement in the pictures there :D As said before, these were inspired by a bathing suit I used to own and in which I have spent a wonderful summer. The bathing suit had exactly this pattern with unusual spiral depiction of sun.

I have used Clinique 70º and Sunny in a bright yellow. The black nail art patterns have been drawn on with Rio Beauty nail art pen and all sealed with Seche Vite topcoat.



So that's it, and that was me. Hope you'll have your fingers crossed for me and stay tuned for tomorrow's nails only post ;)
 

38 comments:

  1. Your nail designs are stunning! I also really love your hair :)
    Good luck in the competition! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! My hair are naturally straight and no curling iron have ever worked for me but these curls lasted on my almost a whole day :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! So nice to have seen you - amazing hair btw! :)
    Love both nail designs, although I have to say my favourite is the yellow one - that must have been a gorgeous bathsuit ;)
    Good luck * keeping fingers crossed for you**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mina, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! Thanks for tagging me too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, can't wait to see your entry!

      Delete
  4. I love what you did with your hair - I often do it, too. It's really so simple and effective (produces very lovely waves/curls)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, nothing else really works for my, my hair is super straight :-/...well I shouldn't really complaint about it, should I? :D

      Delete
  5. Nice to see the face behind your beautiful nail designs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, a very pale face that is! :D

      Delete
  6. wow your nails desig are ... so perfect <3


    I invite you to my Oasap Giveaway http://andreeabacau.blogspot.ro/2013/05/oasap-giveaway-open-worldwide.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, lovely to see your face. Both designs are lovely but the glow in the dark ones are IMMENSE! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claire! I loved the second manicure under the black light so much, it reminded me my clubbing days and I thought it would be the perfect holiday evening mani :)

      Delete
  8. Not sure why you are so apprehensive about showing your face. You're pretty :) And pale is beautiful. I work hard to stay pale. ;) I'm jealous of you long hair. I really enjoyed this post. It was a very nice change. Amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much...well I'm just aware I don't have a 'model face' and since I haven't had proper holidays in years I'm almost too pale :-/

      Delete
  9. Wow you did that with a nail art pen I thought it was stamping I love it fingers crossed for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty look :) beautiful manicure as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teda Luci, ty máš neuvěřitelně dlouhý vlasy! Je moc milé tě zase po dlouhé době vidět, po tom oku s mega řasama se mi stýskalo :-) A nehty jsou úplně boží!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taky tě moc ráda po dlouhé době vidím....máš úžasný vlasy!!

      Delete
    2. Moc dekuju holky, se vubec nestriham, jen konecky jednou rocne, tak vlasy povyrostly :)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful! And your nails are awesome as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stumbled upon these nails on Pinterest. Absolutely love them, girl!!! ! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun, I'm off to check out your page!

      Delete
  14. Great to see the face behind the awesome nail creations :) And btw you`re not the only one who got pale throught the winnter ;) Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Irena, I am sooo pale it's unbelievable, I must get some tan although British weather is uncooperative this year :-/

      Delete
  15. As above, lovely to see your pretty face, nails are fab, good luck Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie, I really appreciate it x

      Delete
  16. What a super gorgeous nail art! Seriously, for a hand painted nail art, that looks so perfect and precision. And I like your make up too. Looks so simple yet pretty. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really great nail art! And you're such a pretty lady :) Nice to see the face behind the gorgeous nails ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and approve all comments and I will try to respond as well.
Please be considerate and do not leave links in your comment. If you want me to check your blog please drop me an email :)

Share this