Wednesday 18 July 2012

Buttercups nail art manicure with tutorial! Featuring SpaRitual Optical Illusion

Hello lovelies!

Today is a great Summer Challenge topic - Buttercups! Buttercups are little bright yellow flowers which I tried to paint on my nails :) I've also tooks pictures as I painted the nails because I had some requests to show how I do shading and the painting generally.

I've used SpaRitual Optical Illusion which I mixed with Rimmel Green Grass just to get a bit lighter shade. Then I started to paint the buttercups...

Lucy's Stash - Buttercups nail art manicure. Featuring SpaRitual Optical Illusion

Lucy's Stash - Buttercups nail art manicure. Featuring SpaRitual Optical Illusion




Here is a tutorial for this manicure in more detail. Sorry it's so cramped but there was a lot to fit in!

Lucy's Stash - Buttercups nail art manicure tutorial. Featuring SpaRitual Optical Illusion


And this was my inspiration - lovely buttercup flower :)






31 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Optical Illusion is the perfect background for your beautiful buttercups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these are gorgeous! and crazily detailed! wish i could paint as well as you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) well that's why i do tutorials so you can recreate and learn step by step :) Hope it will help x

      Delete
  4. Holy crap. I'm constantly being amazed by your nail art talent! This is gorgeous :) Thanks for the tutorial :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're really gifted !
    http://cocosnailss.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!
      Could you please not leave links in your comments next time? i would have to delete your comment. If you'd like me to check out your blog just email me and I'll gladly do that x

      Delete
  6. This is truly amazing. You are soo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so talented, love the buttercups!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nail art always blows my mind!!!! So beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous nails wish i could do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, simply amazing! And I truly admire your painting skill ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! You're such an artist...I don't think I'll ever be able to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm drooling here! You're super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is unbelievable. Excellent tutorial, but i think your eye just sees things I don't - you have an artist's eye xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so totally awesome!! Why do you paint the shape of the flower in white first and not in yellow straight away? (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always better to paint the shape in black or white because then the colours you paint on it are vivid. If I would start with yellow it wouldn't have a bright yellow colour and it wouldn't have a good coverage. yellow is not as pigmented.

      Delete
  15. That looks awesome! I love the look of green nail polish but finding a shade the looks good on my hands is tricky :-/ Looks fab on you though. Reminds me I need to own more SpaRitual polished ;-)

    Thanks for the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is just beyond beautiful hun, thank you so much for sharing!

    Love Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow. it's a shame this work of art is only temporary! breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow!!! great tutorial!!! amazing artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for all the comments!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and approve all comments and I will try to respond as well.
Please be considerate and do not leave links in your comment. If you want me to check your blog please drop me an email :)

Share this