Monday 29 April 2013

Zoya PixieDust Collection - Review and swatches

 *Products provided for an honest review

Hello lovelies,

I've finally swatched the Zoya PixieDust Collection so hope you'll enjoy the swatches! It consists of six shades with the new-trend rough finish.

Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Collection



Chyna - dark red with bright red glitter. It applied very easily and Chyna is super pigmented. One coat was almost enough but I've applied two just to get a perfect coverage.

Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Chyna
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Chyna
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Chyna
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Chyna




Dahlia - black with silver sparkle. It also applied easily. I've applied two coats which were enough for full coverage.

Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Dahlia
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Dahlia
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Dahlia
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Dahlia




London - grey base with silver glitter. It's a very elegant grey and the glitter sparkles quite a lot. I needed two coats for full coverage.

Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust London
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust London
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust London
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust London




Godiva - golden beige with silver glitter. When I first saw this polish in bottle I thought it's bleh but when I've had it on my nails I fell in love! It looks so pretty and elegant, my hands looked really delicate. This shade is slightly less pigmented so I've applied two thick coats.

Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Godiva
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Godiva
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Godiva
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Godiva




Nyx - pale hyacinth blue with silver glitter. It applied well but the pigmentation is again on a lower side. I have applied two thick coats.

Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Nyx
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Nyx
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Nyx
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Nyx




Vespa - pale green base with silver glitter. Pretty and unusual shade that I liked more on my nails than in the bottle. I needed two coats for good coverage.

Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Vespa
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Vespa
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Vespa
Lucy's Stash - Zoya PixieDust Vespa


I like these PixieDusts much more than OPI Liquid Sands. PixieDusts are finer and are not as sharp and they feel like sand grains on the nails. My favourites are Godiva and Chyna.

The formula was the same for all shades. It applied well and I needed just two coats for full coverage. Drying time was average to fast as it needs to dry properly because it can get ruined very easily. You'll see the finish changing from glossy to matte and grainy. The removal is somewhat similar to glitters but not as painful. I would still suggest to do a short soak & slide (wet cotton pad with remover, hold it on nails for few minutes and slide it off the nail, removing the polish).

Overall, really nice collection and I can't wait to try the Summer PixieDusts! You can purchase Zoya polishes at your usual outlets or directly at zoya.com


*Products provided for an honest review

15 comments:

  1. Your swatches are always so great, they make everything look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach, to je prostě nádhera! Nad každou fotkou tady "ochám" :D Všechny bych je brala! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moc dekuju :)Tyhle se jim fakt povedly, jsou mnohem lepsi, nez OPI nebo China Glaze!

      Delete
  3. Dahlia, Godiva and Vespa must be mine! lol Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not expect to like this collection very much, I'm not a huge fan of textured polishes. I like some of the liquid sands, but I really like all of these! Except for the red one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't make my mind up about Vespa! I adore greens, but feel it might be too muted. It looks stunning on your nails x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great swatches! I like Nyx. Hmmm, maybe I need to try it?! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your swatches! How do you keep your nails so long? I have naturally long nail beds and when I grow my nails out it's difficult to keep them all the same length. Sometimes one or two nails break and it's a shame to have to cut all of them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful swatches! I have Godiva, Vespa, and London, but you make me want the others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gantastiv swatches. They are alk so lovely. I only wish Godiva was brighter, more golden. And wish Vespa were more minty...it's a little washed out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and approve all comments and I will try to respond as well.
Please be considerate and do not leave links in your comment. If you want me to check your blog please drop me an email :)

Share this