Monday 10 December 2012

SpaRitual Spellbound - Review and swatches of the perfect Christmas red!

Hello lovelies,

I've got here a polish I haven't noticed before and I hate myself for it! I have discovered the perfect Christmas red which I'll be wearing for this year's holiday. It's SpaRitual Spellbound and I must say my pictures don't do it justice...seriously!

Spellbound - fine gold glitter in a red jelly base. The glitter in the polish looks very gold but in real life it looks like red glitter in a red jelly. It has this subtle sparkle to it that shows whenever light hits the nail, I just love it! Absolutely gorgeous polish and I tell you something - I prefer it much more than China Glaze Ruby Pumps.

The formula was very good for jelly-based polish. It applied nicely without patching and the pigmentation was good as well. I'm wearing two slightly thicker coats and the polish is fully opaque. It doesn't dry completely smooth because of the glitter so I've had to apply topcoat. Removal was easier than regular glitter because it is much finer but I still soaked my nails for a minute.


Lucy's Stash - SpaRitual Spellbound

Lucy's Stash - SpaRitual Spellbound

Lucy's Stash - SpaRitual Spellbound

Lucy's Stash - SpaRitual Spellbound

Lucy's Stash - SpaRitual Spellbound

Lucy's Stash - SpaRitual Spellbound


I'll try to take pictures on daylight as well to show you it's even more beautiful. I honestly love this polish and you'll see it again. What do you think?




*This polish was provided for a review and I have expressed my honest opinion

26 comments:

  1. I really, really love Ruby Pumps. It is one of my all time top three.
    But this one looks super awesome too. Is it darker than RP? Wow, I defo need to check it out in the stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoaaa, what is that I see? Magical Red!!! So beautifullll! Usually I'm much of a fan for reds, but how can one not like this?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one but haven't worn it yet. Currently have Ruby Pumps on but your pictures have made me want to try right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a perfect red! Its gorgeous! loved it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is really pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing find Lucy - perfect for Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect party red? yes, i think so! xx
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! This color is PERFECT!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a gorgeous color!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. :O This is pure perfection!!!! I'm completely in love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's simply amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wat mooie nagel hebt je!!
    prachtig!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colour and gorgeous swatches!
    I love wearing red around Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very stunning... reminds me of China Glaze's Ruby Pumps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so so much for the comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and approve all comments and I will try to respond as well.
Please be considerate and do not leave links in your comment. If you want me to check your blog please drop me an email :)

Share this