Tuesday 12 February 2013

BK Born Pretty Store nail polish - review and swatches

Hello lovelies,

Hope you're all doing well! We are currently experiencing another very cold wave here in UK so I feel like icicle! But I keep going..slower but going :D Today I will show you two nail polishes from the Born Pretty Store which surprised me a bit so they are worth blogging about.

The nail polishes are in a small square bottle like Max Factor polishes. Each bottle contains 8ml of polish and costs $2.95 before discount (use code LHJ61 for 10% OFF anything). There is 42 shades available, you can check them out and purchase at the Born Pretty Store.



BK #28 - pastel blue creme shade. My expectations were pretty low so I was very surprised that it applied very smoothly and two thicker coats gave me this perfect coverage. The polish also dried quite fast and removal was easy.

Lucy's Stash - Born Pretty Store BK #28
Lucy's Stash - Born Pretty Store BK #28
Lucy's Stash - Born Pretty Store BK #28




BK #33 - pale green creme shade. This one was slightly different story. It also applied easily but the pigmentation was lower and I needed three coats for full coverage. It dries fast and removal is easy. I'd like to mention that it smells quite strongly.

Lucy's Stash - Born Pretty Store BK #33
Lucy's Stash - Born Pretty Store BK #33
Lucy's Stash - Born Pretty Store BK #33




 *These were provided for a review

17 comments:

  1. That green polish is extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my dear! Such a long time! I love the blue polish! Thaayt color *-* amazing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look lovely and these colours really suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both really pretty! I'm impressed the blue only needed 2 coats... I find pastels can be really bad they often need at least 3 costs so I'm pretty impressed especially considering how cheap the polish is! I think I'll go order some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I was pleasantly surprised too, especially with the blue one!

      Delete
  5. I am impressed with these colors but I can't help but wonder if it looks so flawless because it's YOUR nails, not mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naah I'm sure they would look great in you too :)

      Delete
  6. Interesting blog...
    :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cristina, hope you'll browse a bit and maybe come back sometime ;) x

      Delete
  7. The blue one is so lovely! Haven't you got any information on its ingredients, by any chance? (Since you've mentioned the strong smell.)

    Loving your blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the green one is fabulous !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and approve all comments and I will try to respond as well.
Please be considerate and do not leave links in your comment. If you want me to check your blog please drop me an email :)

Share this